Mutterings of Mine

These are the inane ramblings of me, a sad little man in college, hoping to be a 2LT someday relatively soon. Read on at your own risk.

Name:

I think, therefor I am.

13 June 2006

Almost a month since my last post, and there's a reason for that: School started. I'm taking Chem II over the summer, so I don't forget everything I (entierly failed to) learn in Chem I. And now, I'm remembering why I hate Chem. I'm pretty sure they're making stuff up as they go along.

In any case, I am motivated to write today because I am up early. I am up early, because I had a job interview at Client Logic. I understand that it ranks quite higly on the "Horrible places to work" scale, but my current job is almost as bad, and pays crap as well.

I filled out an online application last week. I listed my qualifications, marked Part-Time, selected the specific hours I am avalable to work, and listed my awards and achivements. (Outstanding Unit Award with bronze cluster. I'll bet you have NO IDEA what that means, but "with bronze cluster" always sounds impressive) So, they called me, and I showed up at the Client Logic facility at 10:15. [You would not belive the numbering system on Commerce Park Drive. It's utterly illogical. I'd almost call it a numbering non-system] About 15 minutes into the interview, they told us what kinds of avability they needed. They were not hiring for part-time at all, and the hours I told them I was avalable directly conflicted with their avalablity requirements. Getting out of bed today was an utter waste of my time. Seriously, a Technology company that can't use it's own database? Or simply ignores the information given by the employment prospects? I'm not sure I could have worked for those people anyway.

At least now I can work on getting my Guild Wars character Closer to the Stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home